Why would you even want to have alcohol at your event when there are so many positives to being alcohol free?
Here are eight
good reasons for making your event alcohol free.
- Alcohol-free events are easier to organise; you don’t need to apply for
and get special licences to handle and/or sell alcohol.
- You don’t have the hassle of trying to work out who is over 18 years of
age and can legally purchase alcohol and who isn’t.
- Alcohol-free events are easier to manage and control. There’s less
chance of things going wrong (getting out of hand and having to deal
with drunk, unpredictable people). Plus alcohol-free events are easier to
clean up after!
- There’s a positive buzz to organising an alcohol-free event because you
know that you are doing something good for your community – helping
create a great atmosphere for everyone without the burden of alcohol or
- Alcohol-free is healthier on so many levels: preventing damage to
developing brains, reducing the level of violence, reducing the risk of
attendees drinking and driving before and after the event.
- Everyone can focus on the fun event rather than on how much alcohol
they should be drinking and how to dodge the messy drunks.
- The pressure is removed for those who don’t want to drink.
- There are no unpleasant public scenes of drunkenness to deal with.
When you organise an awesome alcohol-free event, you can be certain
everyone will remember the fun they had for days to come – and the positive
vibe can last a long time.